Blog: Divergent Travelers
facebook: Divergent Travelers
How did you meet?
1) What is the story behind you blog name? Divergent?
2) If you had to travel with someone else besides your travel partner, who would it be? (this person can be living, historical or mythical?.)
He Said: Michael Weston, you know, the really cool spy guy from Burn Notice.
She Said: My two best friends, Meghan and Melissa. The three of us are like sisters and we are all Geminis, so we just ‘get’ each other.
3) What has been your favorite destination in your wanderings? Why?
He said: Mexico, specifically the Yucatan. I love the culture and the easy way of living there. Plus, despite what Lina says, I want to live there someday.
She said: This question is SO hard, there are so many. But if I have to pick just one, I am going to say Peru. We did so many amazing things in that country and it was my first time getting a chance to really work on my Spanish, as I was taking classes before I visited that country. Machu Picchu is a given, but we also visited the Amazon which was mind-blowing and we already have plans to return to that same area and do some volunteer work at the Tambopata Research Center.
4) Lina, we understand you are quite the equestrian talent! Wow! Tell us a little about your interest in horses.
5) Travel can be tough on relationships. How do you make it work together out on the road?
6) If you could solve one problem in the world what would it be?
She said: I’d really love to see a trash disposal system in place for the third world countries. It is so disheartening for me to see these beautiful locations so littered with trash.