The city of London offers a cosmopolitan backdrop to any date – meaning it is the perfect place to explore with a potential new love, or to rekindle romance with an old flame.
With so much on offer in the UK capital, it is no surprise that couples flock to the city to spend some special time together and enjoy each other’s company. No matter what your preferences, style or budget, London is likely to have something available to help you make some special memories with that special person.
London Spots for a Great Date
Before deciding on a date in London it is a good idea to try and plan what sort of atmosphere you hope to create. Do you want a restaurant with an intimate ambience or would you prefer to offer your paramour a little London style excitement?
What message are you hoping to send to your companion? Do you want to stimulate their brain or to excite their senses? Whatever you want to achieve, London will have great date to offer. Why not consider one of the following:
- Twilight Champagne on the London Eye: Take your date to the top of the world with a ride on Europe’s largest big wheel, the London Eye. Sip a celebratory glass of champagne as the sun sets over the city and enjoy the stunning panoramas stretching off from the South Bank and offering an exciting new perspective on the area.
- London Dungeon: Want to get a little closer to your date? Why not consider a trip into the depths of the London Dungeon. This spooky visitor attraction provides the perfect opportunity to offer a protective arm and encourage your potential partners to snuggle up safely, although it is not a great spot for the squeamish.
- West End Show: Want to wow your date with a real night to remember? Try taking in one the amazing shows on offer in the West End. Choosing one of the emotive and romantic musicals such as Les Miserables and Dirty Dancing to set the mood for a truly memorable time together.
Great Dates in the London Area
While the city center offers some exciting entertainment opportunities there are some great dates to be had outside this area as well. Consider taking up one of the great car rental deals available in the area to take advantage of spots in the suburbs such as:
- The River Thames at Richmond: This borough to the west of the city center offers one of the most amazing spots to enjoy London’s trademark river Thames, with a wide selection of cafes, pubs and eateries giving onto the banks, from where you can see the scullers rowing the path once followed by the city’s steamers.
- Picnic in Richmond Park: Heading for this Royal Park on the outskirts of the city offers a country style date in a cosmopolitan setting. Wander the park and spot the deer that live here in their natural habitat.
- Skip the motorway and drive the country back roads to the mystical Stonehenge. Take in the beauty of the English Countryside.
Whichever option you chose, London and the surrounds provide a great date night! No fighting!
London has the ambiance for love and longing that is why lovers can’t help to feel the intense feeling that the place is bringing. Thanks for the post!
This is a really useful post — thanks! I’m heading to London in a couple f weeks and will try to get to the Dungeon especially.